Due to being in Covid Level 2, WonderChef has been postponed - we will update you with new dates as soon as we have them!
Have you got what it takes to become Wanaka's next WonderChef?
The Wanaka Community Hub, in partnership with Mitre10 Mega Wanaka, New World Three Parks and Wanaka Self Storage is proud to present Wanaka's first WonderChef competition, with all proceeds going to the Wanaka Community Hub on McDougall Street.
The Competition is open to people over the age of 18 who are not employed as chefs.
It is intended to be lots of fun for everyone!
The major prize is $1000, with loads of prizes for those taking part, including a Scanpan valued at $200 for each contestant that makes the final.
There will be four heats on the 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th of September at Mitre 10 with 2 from each heat going through to the final on the 4th October.
Contestants will have one hour to cook and plate a meal for the judges.
At this stage, you will only need to cook in one heat and if selected will go straight through to the final night.
You will be provided:
- All ingredients for your meal
- A pantry of staples available
- A 4 burner gas hob and microwave (there will not be an oven)
- Assorted cookware and utensils
- WonderChef Aprons
- If you need a kitchen whizz, mandolin or specialist equipment you can bring these.
- If you have a special plate that would suit your dish you can bring this.
- If you need other things such as piping bags, special serving bottles etc you can bring those
What will you be cooking?
- At this stage, you will only be expected to compete in ONE of the heats
- Two heats will be cooking a fish dish and two heats will be cooking with meat
- In the final you will be given a mystery box to create a dish with
When will you get your food?
We will set a time on the Monday morning of each cook for you to go to New World Three
Parks and get the ingredients you need for your cook. These will then be put on your work station for
the evening’s competition. The competition will start at 6.30pm and go to 7.30pm, when the judges will make
We will have a briefing the week commencing the 23rd August to answer any further queries you may have and
give you your competition spot.
The competition will be in front of a live audience with an emcee and lots of fun and laughs.
For all entry information and queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Be Wanaka’s first WonderChef - you don’t know where it could lead!