OUR COMMUNITY HOUSE IS ON ITS WAY $2.9 million raised so far. Target $3.9 million
The Community House for the Upper Clutha Region will be a reality soon! This will be OUR HOUSE, a hub that is the heart of our community.
- Centrally located, one-stop-shop, next to the Anglican Church at the corner of McDougall and Upton St.
- Have meeting rooms, reception area, social support services, offices and a hall that seats 150 people and good parking.
The Wanaka Community House Charitable Trustees and support team, have been diligently working on this project since 2011. The tender procedure is now taking place, and the building committee is in the process of selecting the construction team. Construction is scheduled to begin in August.
The Fundraising Group has been extremely busy in the last 12 months! With the help of our contractor Megan Williams, we have raised the following funds.:
- Central Lakes Trust ($1.4million)• Otago Community Trust ($700,000),
- Lottery Community Facilities Fund (500,000)
- Sargood Bequest (150,000),
- Alexander McMillan Trust ($50,000).
- We have also had donations from the Hirepool Golf Charity, PGG Wrightson, Wanaka Home Show and the Fibre Arts Group.
Future fundraising will come from:
- Personal pledges from generous people of our community
- a House build by Stonewood Homes, Wanaka,
- A Black Tie Event featuring Ian Taylor, founder and owner of Animation Research Limited, and recognised as one of New Zealand's leading innovators.
- Crowd funding through givealittle https://givealittle.co.nz/org/wanakacommunityhouse
- School Mufti Days (recently Wanaka Primary school raised over $900)
- And other initiatives you would like to organise for us.
We can’t wait to get this community initiative started. Please join and help us in our endeavours. The Wanaka Community House Charitable Trust is a registered charity. Your donations are tax deductible.
For offers of help and ideas please email email@example.com