General Conditions of Use:
- Set up and pack down time must be included in the hire period.
- The Hirer must precisely state the type of activity and event to take place and use the Community Hub for only that purpose.
- The Hirer must only use the area in the Community Hub that has been booked and confirmed.
- The person who makes the booking must be present for the duration of the hire period, or have nominated someone who has completed the relevant health and safety induction to be present at the function.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to understand the capacity of the hired space and ensure it is not exceeded at any time.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
- No deposit is required for bookings, and full payment is due in the month of the booking. For long term bookings there is a one month deposit at time of booking. Monthly payments to be paid on the 20th of the month of the booking. Please note all pricing excludes GST.
- Large bookings may require a 20% deposit, which will be advised at the time of booking
- Please quote Invoice Number in the reference field when paying.
- All bookings cancelled with more than 7 days notice will not incur any cancellation fee, however bookings cancelled within 7 days may be liable for the full cost of the booking.
Public Liability/Loss and Damage:
- The Hub’s public liability insurance policy does not cover the hirer. It is the responsibility of the hirers to have their own public liability insurance.
- The Hub takes no responsibility for any loss to hirers or third-party property.
- Any damage to the building or loss of equipment and chattels associated with the hire is the responsibility of the hirer.
- In the case of a lost key, there is a $150.00 fee. If a computer cord is lost there is a $90.00 replacement fee.
Health and Safety:
- The Health and Safety procedures of the Hub must be signed prior to hiring rooms outside of our 9:00am–5:00pm hours of operation and be followed at all times (These are in the next attachment).
- All out of hours bookings must make a meeting to be shown the opening and/or closing procedures as well as all Health and Safety procedures.
- Please do not allow anybody not related to your booking into the building.
- The Hub’s hours of operation are 9:00am-5:00pm. All bookings between these hours must exit the building by 5:00pm.
- All Hub external doors and windows must be closed no later than 8:30pm, and everyone must be inside after this time. The building must be fully vacated by 9:45pm with lights out and doors locked at 10:00pm.
- For all non-commercial bookings, the Hirer must return the hired space to the same condition it was in before use. This includes wiping down benches, tables, any kitchen areas, removing all decorations, and vacuuming the floor.
- All rubbish is to be removed unless the contract has stipulated the Hub Management is to do this for a fee. If this option is taken, then all rubbish must be put in the appropriate bins behind the Hub building before leaving.
- The Hub reserves the right to charge a cleaning and administration fee should the facilities not be left clean and tidy and free from rubbish.
- Any further instructions regarding the use of the Hub must be followed.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that all events held at the Hub are complying with Covid-19 restrictions (e.g face covering, social distancing and recording keeping). Please ensure you are familiar with all the requirements of the Level you are operating under. https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels-and-updates/